Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:22 am

Post subject: Loch Ness
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:18 pm 
Wandering Dragon

The Loch Ness Monster. Well, thought we could have a discussion on this one. If youre from the UK, youve most likely heard of the legend. If not, well, Loch Ness is an extremely big and deep lake in Scotland and over many years, since like 1933, there have been hundreds of supposed sightings of the monster, nicknamed Nessie.

Most sightings say it looks like a Plesiosaur. There has been countless hoaxes, searches of the lake with high tech stuff and tests. Nothing is found. But loads of people strongly believe that nessie is real. And it is scary to think of the amount of money this myth has got the area from tourism. They do these little cruises around the loch and there is a nessie gift shop. I have personally been to the loch about 5 times, never saw a thing. Id like to believe in it, but its difficult.

There was this one test done on a documentary, I thought it was brill, a guy attched a stick to a long piece of rope, the stick was out in the lake and he held the end of the rope on the bank, they waited till a tour bus arrived, and when people got out, his friend, who was within this tour group, signalled to him and he pulled the rope and the stick stuck up. Mostly everone saw it and when they were asked to draw what they saw, people were drawing heads, legs, eyes, even whole bodies, claiming thats what they saw. :lol: They pulled the stick up a second time and they were all like, oh yeah...lol

Anyway, so, what is peoples views here? What do you believe?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:00 pm 
Cererean Princess

I'll keep an open mind on it until someone goes down in a sub and searches the place, tunnels and all.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:12 am 
Wandering Dragon

Come on people, lets discuss!!! :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

*sigh*

Ok, there are some problems with a large creature living in there.

1. Too low of a population. There would have to be a large number of these creatures to keep being seen over the many years. At least two or three males and five or more females, and that is just adults not counting young.

2. No body ever! I don't think we will see a dead body even once a year. But over the whole time we have been watching this lake, noting has washed ashore. With the above idea of a needed population, there must be some that die of old age or sickness. Just look at the giant squids that have wash ashore, yes only a low number but it has happened.

3. Too many different looks. Though some people have given a similar description to it, but not all of them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:21 am 
Cererean Princess

Unless the dead bodies sank to the bottom.

Apparantly there are underwater tunnels. Don't know how true that is though.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:03 pm 

But look at the numbers of giant squid found around the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gi ... _sightings

This is a deep sea creature, but still have had some bodies wash ashore. Now I agree most of the creatures will sink, but at least one or two bodies over the many years the lake has been watched have had to been found.

As for underwater caves: Unless there are large air pockets or the creature is able to breath water, I don't think the creatures can be using them. And anyway most of these I have seen on tv are almost too small for humans to swim through.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:18 pm 
Godsin Queen

even if a body did manage to get ashore, don't you think the government would try to cover it up if they could?

I've heard one theory that has really made me think on the issue.

That being that the government found the creatures in the Lock, exterminated them and then got rid of all of the evidence.

It sounds like another area 51 story but then, the government really wouldn't want the finding of a monster to leak out now would they?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:35 pm 

That would be an odd act by the Scottish government. But it fits into the long line of things like that. Still that will only cover things within the last 100 years ago or so.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:27 pm 
Wandering Dragon

I agree about the body washing ashore idea, but perhaps becuase there is such a low number of these creatures, that there is less of a chance of them washing ashore. The lake is very deep. And, people believe that there is only one creature, but obviously that cant be true.
The creature is based on a Plesiosaur, and I dont know much about that dinosaur, but maybe it didnt breath air, like a fish, ill have to check it out, but it deffinately lived underwater.
Also, some people believed that the caves and tunnels link to the sea, personally, I dont believe that, but maybe an underwater cave for its lair would be a suitable place to hide.
But anyway, there is alot of people who really strongly believe that there is a creature in the loch, and they will never change their minds, and then of course, you have people who strongly dissagree, fro reasons of their own. I really dont know what to believe but it is all farfetched, but it would be cool if it was real...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:02 pm 
Cererean Princess

Plesiosaurs breathe air, by the way.

Unknown wrote:
For those who want to believe, no proof is needed, but for those who can't believe, no proof is enough.

Offline Profile