Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: EXX's Tavern
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:12 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Luthvien enjoying the time after the tempers had abated was sitting beside his lute Életh and sipping his moonwine contentedly. The conversation was taking quite a nice turn now and he was hoping that he could hear a few stories from Fate and Malachi while they were here. Out of the corner of his eye he could see some movement so he turned toward it and saw Stella seeming anxious to leave for some reason. Luthvien guessed she just had to go bathroom nut something in his gut told him that was wrong. "Hey Stella you okay i hope you don't intend to leave us i was rather enjoying your company." Luthvien said with a tone of disappointment evident in his voice.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:09 pm 
Behetmoth

Stella was burning up, she must have been a hundred and nine. She looked at him coy and said Don't worry about me, I just need to get to that a nice long soak. I'm not leaving, I'm not going any where. Just to the restroom, to soak my tail...uh, I mean fins... I mean flippers...Feet! That's what I meant to say, feet!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:51 pm 
Legend of Old

Exanderous did not looked surprise, he rarely does. He always looks confident; like he knows what is going to happen next, but secretly he was taken back at Fate's question. What could Fate possibly need to consult anyone, much less the Guardian, about?

"I'll bite Dalia. Pray, tell me. What exactly do you need to consult me about? It must be pretty virulent or serious for you to show up in person rather than sending one of your beloved messengers."

Exanderous crossed his arms in anticipation and eagerly awaited his company's response. He spared only a passing glance to Malachi who was mingling with his clientele (and most likely making a fool of himself.)

"Furthermore, why is it you come for me when you have an instrument of the heavens at your side?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:13 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Azrivel just kept talking with Malachi which seemed to be one of the first that douse not have Azrivel’s curse yet understands it. Azrivel's arm started to spark again but this time the sparks were worse and bigger. Again Azrivel levitated the top over his left hand to get rid of some unneeded manna. Sooo... yah. That is pretty much how the curse work and act. They kind of feel like you are losing who you truly are yet you found someone you will learn to enjoy. I don't know if that makes any sense but it is as far as I could go.

Adrithie just said to Azrivel's new (possible) friend, ahhhh... but that is only half the info you already know!

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 pm 
Matrix Operator

At the mention of a story worth telling, Janus' eyes clouded briefly. A bright light flashed on the horizon as the voices of the injured rang on the battlefield, mingling with the crash of martial weapons.
A young and inexperienced mage knelt next to one of his fallen comrades."Ashwel rais," he said belatedly, placing his hands on the most prominent wound. Even as it sealed, the soldier breathed his last breath. "No!"
Rising, he saw one of the enemy raised a curved scimitar and charge. "Esclan du rinor, mor'a tarm!" the mage yelled frantically, throwing out a handful of ashes. The ground underneath his foe erupted in flames, turning the soldier into a dancing, screaming torch. The sickening smell of burnt flesh was seared into his conscious, along with the horror of his first kill-

"No," he said softly, "none worth telling." He returned his attention to the tavern keeper and his mysterious friend.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:46 am 
Behetmoth

Stella was glad that no one was paying much attention to her, she had a chance to run. Flames started to emitted her body, her blood boil hot like lava. She strolled over to Malachi and started to talk to him. Tell me, you seem very knowlegdeble, what do you know about a race called the "Behemoths"? The heat began to redden her face and she felt a sharp pain stabbing her chest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:56 am 
Master Old Dragon

Fate sighed heavily and watched Malachi for a moment more before continuing. The young man was fully enthralled and intrigued by Azrivel's magic, and indeed, his story. "I'll keep the prospect of death, so long as I get to keep myself," he said with a small chuckle. "In fatc, I think life would get terribly boring if I thought I couldn't die, etc, etc. It keeps me guessing, and I like that." He paused to take a sip of his wine, and looked thoughtfully at Azrivel. He could almost feel something on teh horizon, in the future, but hwe couldn't quite put his finger on it, and instead, decided to concentrate on the heere and nwo. He asked to see the top, and turned it over and over in his long, bony fingers as Azrivel continued to fill him in. Malachi had his share of stories, but he was rather glad to be hearing someone else's for a change.

When Stella questioned him, he turned to answer, but stopped as he noticed her face. Concern sprang into his youthful features and he stood up, offering her his own seat. "Are you alright?" he asked, his brows furrowing. "You look like you have a fever or something, Here, have a seat." Before she could utter a protest, he had gently pushed her into his seat and was scrounging up a glass of ice water for her. A single, sharp pain twanged in his chest and when he returned with the water, he asked simply, "What's wrong with your chest?" folding his arms across his slim form.

=========================================================

Fate turned her gaze back to her wine-glass and sat for a moment before a heavy sigh escaped her. In that moment, she appeared to Exanderous as an old, and very tired woman. The life seemed to seep out of her like the air out of a balloon. "I can't ask him to help me, because it involves him," she finally said. "For the first time in my life, I am considering rebellion. I looked into the future and I saw Malachi's death, Exanderous." It was surprising to hear her speak the Guardian's actual name, given her habit of merely calling him by his title. "It was a torturous, gruesome thing to watch, and... I'm not sure I can do that to him. I don't know what to do."

As she spoke, the woman reached into a small bag draped across the back of her seat and pulled out a small silver case. Inside stood a line of white sticks, like sardines packed in a lavish can. Without hesitation, she pulled one out and lit it. The fact alone that she was smoking gave away her stress level- the woman had all-but quit a few years ago. She inhaled before continuing. "I have a handful of friends in this world- people who would and will stand by me, who I can trust... To lose one... I..." Again she trailed off and he could see the uncertainty playing across her fair features. Impatiently, she brushed a strand of black hair out of her face, taking another sip and another puff of the cigarette- an aromatic, clove scented one. "If I don't do it, who knows how history could change? But if I do... I couldn't live with myself, knowing..." For a moment, she choked, and turned her gaze back to her wine. Either way we look at this, there's no good solution. I don't know what to do..."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:02 am 
Behetmoth

Stella began to smoke like burning wood in a fire. I am fine, don't worry about me, I'm just in need of a good soak, that's all, just a good long soak. Her chest began to heat. I see by the way you act that you are a young man who knows more beyond his years, tell I have to know are you familiar with the race I mention earlier? She took out a picture of the prince she was engagged to, the one she left for that skunk that hurt her.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 am 
Master Old Dragon

Malachi sadly shook his head, and though he believed her, the concern never left his gaze. He turned a seat around and took a seat beside her, looking long and hard at teh picture. "I;ve seen their like before, but I've nevr actually had a chance to learn anything about them," he finally said. In his indigo eyes there was a sincere truth. "Though I'd welcome teh opportunity. Tell me, who is that?" he ventured, hoping that he was not being too forward.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 am 
Behetmoth

Stella was flaming like a candle. He and I were picked to be married at birth, but we were opposites in every way. He was so different from what I was use to, he was not a bad looking fellow though. He was such a hunka hunka burning prince. And when I told him I fell for someone else, it broke his into a thousand pieces. Sadly, my lover was a thief and left me and when I realize I cared about the latter, he disappear without a word.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:30 am 
Master Old Dragon

Malachi shook his head and a sad expression crossed his features for a split second. He knew what it was like to lose someone, and told her so. He reached over and lifted his glass off the table, and for a moment, in the swirling, burgundy depths, he thought he saw her... And a small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. "Love... isn't something to be trifled with," he said simply. "I'm sure you'll find him, one day. I'd like to see such a lovely lady find her happy ending." And raising his glass in a small toast to her, he took a last sip, draining the rest of the glass.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:40 am 
Behetmoth

Stella was so boiling hot that if you touch her, you would get third degrees burns. Please don't call me lovely, there is nothing lovely about me, I am cursed into this form and a broken heart has cause a fire to burn in my chest. I will just kept burning, burning and nothing would cool, nothing on this green earth will quench this fire. I just might turn to smoke, but as you could see I feel fine. I have taken a permently room in the hotel break hotel. Time will only fuel to this hunka hunka burning fool.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:57 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Azrivel felt dazed and realized that he must have used up too much manna on the top. Azrivel put the top away and started to feel weak and sick after over using all his manna and his energy on the top. Finally Azrivel got to understand what in heck is going on. Hope you feel better. oh and by the way Malachi about that statement with how life would be boring living forever and knowing I can't die stuff. I can die but with my death comes the greatest cost any soul would rather not exist than deal with. I am to die a certain way because it is to teach all life a grand lesson. I could die at any moment. you must know the saying, Just because one life could be taken douse not mean it should for the costs are grand. My life is that saying in flesh. I could die but yet I shouldn't die. That is why I try and tell ppl that killing me is possible but it will come with a cast. I know when I am to die but not how incase I would try to change it. Either way I just thought you should know that.

Azrivel tried to smile but he couldn't without being calm. One of the greatest mistakes he could possibly make for calm means blinded.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:03 am 
Behetmoth

Stella was felt her temperture rising higher and higher, it felt like she was slipping away. She could barely sit on the chair. I will never get better, as my life goes on, the fire with burn worse. The water in the glass she was holding evapored from her heat, it was like she was baking in the oven or a volcanoe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:27 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
"Stella you look like you have a fever we should get you cooled down somehow" Luthvien said with concern on his face "Maybe we should take you out to the pond and allow its water to help cool you down"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:33 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Azrivel was looking at Stella witch needed help. Barely walking Azrivel made a cup of water and used whatever manna (energy) he had left to freeze the water to be extremely cold fast. Using his left hand Azrivel broke the icy top and literately threw the water on Stella. Doing so it kind of cooled her off to a point where she is better than befor.

Azrivel tried to walk back to his table but right before he could even take his next step he passed out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:37 am 
Legend of Old

Exanderous was cold. His energy signature was level and his facial expression was blank, but inside was a raging whirlwind of a temper, but the Guardian was not one to allow the emotion to control him. Exanderous folded his hands and placed them on his upper lip in a position of contemplation and thought. His gaze was sharp and piercing as he rested his eyes solely on Fate while absorbing every detail that she threw his way.

To the Guardian, There was only one choice that needed to be made. Exanderous was not afraid of changing the course of charted history. Between losing Malachi or risking altering the future into an unknown and possibly catastrophic era, there was no other option to select than the latter. Exanderous clinched his fist and slowly placed it on the table to emphasize a point while speaking to Fate.

"Losing Malachi is not an option Fate. If it alters anything at all so be it. It is not like we have not dealt with altering events before. You and I both know you have the ability to prevent this. What ever course that is plotted for our friend and his demise must be changed."

Exanderous had tried to defy the stars once before, and he failed. Though with Fate's insight and assistance, he knew they could change the fate of his friend.

"The answer is in your heart Fate. You know it is wrong. I have never known you to give a damn about anybody when it came to their charted course the tyrannous stars have plotted for them or their demise. Yet here you are in my Tavern consoling ME of all people about a decision you already know to make. Since I am on your list of those whom tried to defy the stars, I am normally the last person in this world you would want to talk to about this. I am sure you grasp the abnormality of the situation. I would submit to you that it is a feeling that is trying to tell you something, Dalia."

Exanderous let out a small sigh and took a breath. He was getting a little worked up, and he knew it. His energy signature was starting to rise, so with calm thoughts of meditation he began to reason once more.

"Look. I know you do not want to lose Malachi and I can feel the pain you harbor for seeing his end. That alone should be enough of a sign that it should not come to be. Not like that."

Exanderous shifted his weight to his side to look over at Malachi and Stella, who's energy signature seemed unusually warm. A smirk tugged at his lips as he witnessed Malachi try to cheer the company of the Tavern into a smile.

"Besides Fate. You know you would not be doing it alone."

Exanderous turned to face his company and softly grasped Fate's right hand from her wine glass. This was an extremely unusual display for the two figures, but it signed the intent of the Guardian in stone.

"We must do whatever it takes," he muttered.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 am 
Master Old Dragon

Malachi left Stella to Luthvien, making sure that she was alright before making his way over to Azrivel. His lithe form hunkered down and leaned over the unconcious half-elf, and he peered at him closely. So far as he could see, no immediete wound was forthcoming, and so he did the next best thing he knew to do. He realized that much of the half-elf's energy had drained into teh top. Unfortunately, despite his investigation of hte thing, he was as yet unable to actually work it. And so, without hesitation, he placed one long-fingered hand on the man's chest and in a flasha portion of his own mana energy made its way into Azrivel.

He stumbled for only a brief moment, and soon appeared to be alright. With a contented sigh, he waited for him to awaken.

=========================================================

Dalia visibly jumped at Exanderous' gesture, and looked at him with a mixture of amazement, frustration, and relief behind her lenses. In her pride, the Power of Fate would never use the word "friend" to describe him- or really, anyone else for that matter- and their conversations ranged from wry to argumentative, at best. Serious topics were avoided unless there happened to be an overlap of interests or duties involved. But though she would never admit it, Fate valued his word. Somehow, though, she also knew that he would never allow such an end to come to their mutual comrade, and in the back of her mind, she began to argue with herself, until it burst aloud. She shook her head sadly, removing her hand from his and placing her forhead in her hands- she could feel a migraine coming on.

"But we don't know how much it will change things. You know the saying that if you kill a butterfly in the past it can drastically alter the future? That statement is true, Exanderous. I have seen it happen. Is it really right for us to be so selfish? To kill someone else off, or ruin someone's life just because we wanted him to live?"

The Guardian's expression made his answer clear.

Dalia looked back down at her wine glass and shuddered. The images of hte vision leapt into her head, and she described them in gruesome detail. The quest, the cult, the sacrifice that would end his life... It was a slow, painful ordeal, and death would not come swiftly. Spirits would be broken, limbs lost... "Torture and death..." she muttered, "I've written it for so many... Why can't I do this? Why can't I end him?" She found herself choking again, her throat tightening as she took another puff of her cigarette. Oddly enough, she felt herself getting close to showing her real emotions, and it scared her. Fate had never been this worked up over a death before. With a deep breath she calmed herself and looked away for a moment, concentrating suspiciously hard on a dot on the ceiling. Another sigh and she blew smoke at the dot. "It's my job but I can't bring myself to do it. What's happening to me?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:03 pm 
Behetmoth

The water Azerial had thrown on her evapored as soon as it hit her, no matter how cold it was. When Luthvien took Stella to the pond, she drive in there head first, blazing with fire. The water started to bubbled and glowed and a great back broke the surface, then her tail. She back flipped and dunked and spin like a dophin. The fire was still roasting inside her, but it no longer did she feel it. Thank you, Luthvien, for everything. Sadly, that fire will happen again next Satuarday and the one after that and one after that. I am cusre to burn with passion. She giggled a little. It's funny, I guess this is what Elvis meant by being a hunk of burning love, huh? A cloud engulf her and she turn back into a human. By his surprise, she was dry as a bone when she had emerged. Leviathens only have one love. And if will loss that love for any reason, we roast from the inside out like a thanksgiving turkey. The fire is quench for now, but next Satuarday it will come back and I will combust unless I find water. Her skin shed, taking on her human appearence once again, with clothes and everything. She and Luthiven walk back inside, and she sat down and started to talk to him.Do you know the song " Heartbreak Hotel"? She got out her gutuiar and started to play and sing in a low, bluesy voice. The band bagan to play along with her. During the song she notice the elf had passed out, when it was over she walked over and asked if he was alright. Is he alright? What's wrong with him?Why isn't he moving? She became nervous. Please tell me he didn't try to cool me down! Tell me he didn't! I need large bodies of water to cool me, no other means will do it! She placed her hand gently on his head and rubbed it. Please wake up, please wake up!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:24 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Azrivel woke up (face on ground) and his harms started to pull him up. Out of energy loss Azrivel coughed out a little blood on the floor Even though he gained energy from the help of Malachi.Why is it that I am always bleeding?said Azrivel laughing. Did my spell work? it was supposed to make it to where the water gets colder when the body gets warmer. Azrivel got up as though nothing happened. For the first time ever he tried using magic after losing all his manna. Some would say it would kill someone for even trying such things but strangely Azrivel took the risk. Trying to use spells after using manna would mean using your life-force as the last sores of energy.

Adrithie was up the whole time and said, you missed quite a show.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:37 pm 

"Sorry Azrivel but your spell didn't work apparently she needed large bodies of water to cool her off" Luthvien said with a wry smile on his face "But i'm glad to see you come round can't have you dieing just yet now can we"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:51 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Azrivel smiled, Oh well can't say I didn't try. I am surprized I was even able to use the spell. oh well, Oh and trust me if I die you will know it. The only thing I wondor is why do I feel like I have more manna in me?Azrivel turned to Stella. His spell did not work at all. to azrivel that was a waist for him to try useing a spell that didn't even work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:21 pm 
Master Old Dragon

A small chuckle turned their attention back to Malachi who had just returned from his room. He had figured enough to let them sort things out while he saw to his companion's things. In his hand he held what appeared to be a small charm on a silver chain, and he approached.

"If you feel like you have an extra boost, it's cause I gave you just a little bit of one," the youth said. He came to rest before the group, charm in hand. "Sorry, but I kind of didn't have a chance to ask permission, or anything. But pretty much, I just transferred some of my energy to you." He spoke so nonchalantly, despite the slightly more tired move in his step. It had been no small amount, if he were being really honest. It had been enough to restore Azrivel, and then some.

As he spoke again, he moved towards Stella, charm in hand.

"And as for you," he said, "I think I have something that may help." Malachi held out one of his hands with the tiny charm in it. "It can't erase it completely, but it may help tone it down somewhat... Think of it as Tums for curses adn spells," he added with a chuckle. It was a thing of beauty, really, though truth be told, Malachi always made sure carry such things on his person- you never know when you might need them. "I'm not totally sure, mind you, but eh, its worth a try."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:41 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Azrivel smiled and said to Malachi, Thanks for the help but honestly how much energy did you give me? Giving too much energy would be harmful for you and I don't want to put harm to you for something as easy to recover as energy. Not to say I am not grateful for your help. I appreciate you helping me.

Adrithie said to Azrivel, I think Ex and Dalia would like it if you talk to them. They never mentioned you but I still think it would be a good thing to talk to them. It sounds like they might need some help answering a question.

Azrivel started to walk to Dalia's and Ex's table.

Last edited by Drakel on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:46 pm 
Behetmoth

Stella couldn't take the charm. I would melt that like slices of Bandanna on a grilled peanut butter sandwitch. Charms can't work, nothing will, expect a nice long bath that will soothe the flames. If not, I will light up brighter than the shine on Elvis's limestone jumpsuit. Thanks any way. Stella look at Azrivel, she wanted to thank, she could of thank him, but You finally did, she said. You finally scare the life out of me, I actually worried about you. I worried that you hurt youself because of me. The words she spoke shock herself, she actually worried about someone outside of her kind. She took out her picture that was now slightly scorched and hugged it real close to her chest, no more flames for now. Some day she will find him and all will be restore. She turned to Luthvien before Azrivel had a chance to responsed. Did you like my song? She asked him.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 59  Next